Quality Improvement in Healthcare
A Guide for Students and Practitioners
- Maria Kordowicz - University of Nottingham, UK
- A. Niroshan Siriwardena - University of Lincoln, UK
Leadership in Nursing | Public Health Research
This book introduces quality improvement for anyone studying or working in healthcare. Written in clear, straightforward language, it explores quality improvement from multiple perspectives and outlines a range models and toolkits you can use in practice. Encouraging you to reflect on your role as an improver, the book equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to work through each stage of the improvement process – from troubleshooting an issue, to working with others to make an improvement, through to its evaluation.
- Case studies and activities help you to apply theory and methodology to your everyday role.
- A comprehensive glossary introduces quality improvement terminology and concepts.
- A logical four-part structure moves from the basics up, building your knowledge and understanding as you go.