This new edition of this bestselling textbook examines the key themes involved in the study of young children and childhood from a variety of disciplines and international perspectives, making essential links between theory and practice to help you apply your learning in real-life settings.
Key additions include:
- the latest changes in early years policy
- 2 brand new chapters on Postmodernist theories in Education, and Education for Sustainable Development
- A renewed emphasis on reflective practice across Part 4, supporting and encouraging your professional development
Throughout, case studies, exercises and links to further reading help you engage with key issues and test your learning, making it easier for you to get to grips with all aspects of your course.
Revisions to this edition:
· The latest changes in Early Years policy
· 2 brand new chapters on Postmodernist theories in Education, and Education for Sustainable Development
· A renewed emphasis on reflective practice across Part 4, supporting and encouraging your professional development
. A change in authors - Tricia Maynard who co-authored the 3rd Edition has handed over to Kate Smith who co-authors this edition with Sacha Powell