Reflecting the global nature of the workplace, this is a concise introduction to the world of human resource management that goes beyond a prescriptive, how-to approach and prepares you for the issues and dilemmas you may face in your HR career.
- Includes new discussions on the impact of Black Lives Matter on HR, the effect of Covid-19 on recruitment and on the mental health of employees, and post-Brexit points-based immigration.
- Boxed features including ‘Ethical Insights’, ‘Research Insights’, and ‘HRM in Practice’ highlight contemporary practices, critical perspectives, and discussions and debates related to each chapter.
- Now features a running case study, where in each chapter you can apply what you’ve learnt to solve a challenge faced for the HR Manager of a hotel.
- Illustrated with real-world case studies and examples from a cross section of industries, such as Netflix, Nike, and Just Eat.
- Comprehensive online resources, including author videos, over 25 additional case studies, access to full journal articles and self-test quizzes.
Suitable for anyone studying HRM – as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or on a specialist program of study.
Instructor Resources (log-in needed)
- Instructor’s Manual – ideas and inspiration for seminars and tutorials, including case study teaching notes and more.
- PowerPoint Slides
- Testbank Questions – multiple choice assessment questions to use with your students.
- SAGE Business Cases – a bank of additional studies to use in class, including teaching notes.
- Teaching videos – visual explanations and examples to show in class.
- VLE/LMS Download - upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs
Student Resources (free to access)
- Quiz – test your knowledge and prepare for your exams.
- Author videos – author Nick Wilton introduces key aspects of each chapter and complex areas of HRM.
- Additional case studies – learn how companies of all sizes approach different aspects of HRM with these fascinating case studies.
- Further Reading – free SAGE Journal articles help you to delve deeper and support your assignments.