Helping beginning teachers "over the hump" of their first year is no easy job. It takes dedicated and well-trained mentors. High-Performance Mentoring helps experienced educators meet the unique challenges of mentoring first-year teachers. This Participant's Notebook, used in conjunction with the training workshop, will help you:
- Explore the mentoring process
- Understand the problems and concerns of the beginning teacher
- Identify the six essential qualities of a high-performance mentor
- Adapt your mentoring practices to meet the needs of your mentee
- Deliver quality interpersonal support
The Participant's Notebook includes copies of all slides or overheads and other training materials used in the workshop. As you add your own notes, it becomes your personal guide to becoming a high-performance mentor.
The Participant's Notebook is part of the High-Performance Mentoring Kit, which also includes over 120 minutes of professionally produced videotapes, a CD-ROM (Mac and Windows compatible) containing more than 250 slides, and a Facilitator's Guide.