Cognitive Psychology: Theory, Process, and Methodology introduces students to the main topics of study in this exciting field through an engaging presentation of how cognitive processes have been and continue to be studied by researchers. Using a student-friendly writing style and focusing on methodology, authors Dawn M. McBride and J. Cooper Cutting cover such core content as perception, attention, memory, language, reasoning and problem solving, and cognitive neuroscience. Updates to the Second Edition include a reorganization of long-term memory topics to improve readability, revised pedagogical tools throughout, a refreshed visual program, and additional real-life examples to enhance understanding.
Available Tools and Resources
Save when you bundle the Interactive eBook with the print version. Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5443-2495-1. Learn more.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning and is easy to use.
- eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- eQuizzes allow students to assess how much they have learned and where they need to focus more attention
- Web resources carefully curated by the authors complement each chapter
- Interactive lab exercises provide hands-on learning with assessment to test your understanding
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE Journal content ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*.
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagemen
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Web resources appeal to diverse learners
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi include suggested models for structuring your course
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Class activities for use in or out of the classroom reinforce active learning
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this mobile-friendly version of the text
- Access all tables and figures from the textbook in one place