Complex Care in Nursing
- Sally-Anne Wherry - University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Nikki Buck - University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Mapped to the 2018 NMC Standards of Proficiency
- Includes reflections and insights from experts of their own practice
- Case studies explore what complexity means in action, encouraging you to reflect and draw on your own experiences
- Covers all four fields of nursing in primary and secondary settings, as well as the voluntary sector
A highly recommended resource for student nurses!
The content from the book gave a broad understanding of how health care professionals can care for individuals living with long term conditions. It highlighted the barriers and challenges they face daily and ways we can support individuals to live a life that is fulfilling for them. The knowledge I have gained from this has been incredibly valuable, which I will take forward into my practice.
A thought-provoking read
It is refreshing to see so many important issues brought together in an easily read format. […] The book does a great job of introducing concepts before engaging the reader with a scenario or a case study … [I like] the use of ‘Experts by Experience’ throughout the book (as it brings the subject to life), and the friendly and accessible style of writing.
An excellent read, focusing on the importance of holistic assessments when caring for individuals living with long-term conditions. The book gives a broad understanding of the challenges and barriers people face daily, and the different ways health care professionals can support individuals to live a life that is fulfilling for them. Throughout the book, case studies are shared giving readers an insight into the lived experiences of people living with long-term and complex conditions.
The knowledge I have gained from this book has been thought provoking and incredibly valuable which I will take forward into my future practice.
Essential text to support my current field in regards to learning and teaching complex care.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3: Socioeconomics in complex care