Corrections: From Research, to Policy, to Practice offers students a 21st century look into the treatment and rehabilitative themes that drive modern-day corrections. Written by two academic scholars and former practitioners, Mary K. Stohr and Anthony Walsh, this book provides students with a comprehensive and practical understanding of corrections, as well as coverage of often-overlooked topics like ethics, comparative corrections, offender classification and assessment, treatment modalities, and specialty courts. This text expertly weaves together research, policy, and practice, enabling students to walk away with a foundational understanding of effective punishment and treatment strategies for offenders in U.S. correctional institutions.
Also available with...
Interactive eBook—Bundle with the new edition and save!
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the interactive eBook version.
Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-8052-0. Learn more.
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
Instructors! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
Assignable SAGE Premium Video: Boost Comprehension. Bolster Analysis.
Available via the Interactive eBook and linked through SAGE coursepacks, SAGE Premium Video is tied to learning objectives and produced exclusively for this text. SAGE Premium Video brings concepts to life and appeals to different learning styles, featuring “Witness to Innocence” videos, career insights from professionals in the field, and news clips that bring extra coverage of current events into the book.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow you to engage with the material
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- News Clips that bring extra coverage of current events into the book, connecting multiple, brief 2- to 4-minute news clips to core chapter content.
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook