-Milton C. Hill, Stephen F. Austin State University
Criminal (In)Justice: A Critical Introduction takes an unflinching look at the American criminal justice system and the social forces that affect the implementation of justice. Author Aaron Fichtelberg uses a unique, critical perspective to introduce students to criminal justice and encourages them to look closer at the intersection of race, class, gender, and inequality in the criminal justice system. Covering each of the foundational areas of the criminal justice system—policing, courts, and corrections—this book takes an in-depth look at the influence of inequality, making it ideal for instructors who want students to critically assess and understand the American criminal justice system.
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- section introduction quizzes that provide comprehensive questions based on the author's introductions to all five sections in the book;
- carefully selected video and multimedia links which enhance classroom-based exploration of key topics;
- sample course syllabus for semester courses that provide suggested models for structuring your course;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions; and
- a course cartridge for easy LMS integration.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention; and
- carefully selected video and multimedia links which enhance classroom-based exploration of key topics.