Teacher be nimble, teacher be quick—the routines in this book make phonics learning stick.
Author Wiley Blevins is renowned for changing the way educators think about teaching children to read, helping thousands of teachers implement effective phonics instruction. Now, Blevins gets us to think in powerful new ways about differentiating whole-class phonics lessons, so students at every skill level can engage. With Blevins’ trademark clarity, Differentiating Phonics Instruction for Maximum Impact provides:
- High-impact routines that focus on the skills known to develop students’ literacy best.
- Differentiated application of these routines—with fun multi-modal games and variations—for students working on- below-, and above grade-level expectations, and for multilingual learners
- Guidelines for creating skills-based small groups for more intensive work
- “Look-fors” for teachers and supervisors, to know when instruction is working or needs to be adjusted
- Several reproducible phonics and spelling assessments for placement, progress monitoring, and formative assessments to keep every learner growing as readers and writers.
Differentiation needs to be in the DNA of every instructional plan—so all students' skills progress every day. That’s a tall order, but with this resource, teachers discover that over time, doing the routines gives them a nimble, global sense of their learners and makes teaching more impactful and learning to read more joyful.