With an exciting new look, math diagnostic tool, and a research roadmap to navigate projects, this new edition of Andy Field’s award-winning text offers a unique combination of humor and step-by-step instruction to make learning statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students. The Fifth Edition takes students from initial theory to regression, factor analysis, and multilevel modeling, fully incorporating IBM SPSS Statistics© version 25 and fascinating examples throughout.
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Course cartridges available for Blackboard, Canvas, and Moodle.
Andy Field is the award winning author of An Adventure in Statistics: The Reality Enigma and is the recipient of the UK National Teaching Fellowship (2010), British Psychological Society book award (2006), and has been recognized with local and national teaching awards (University of Sussex, 2015, 2016).
SAGE EDGE FOR INSTRUCTORS supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students and includes:
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Test banks designed to support several subjects including Health, Business, Nursing, Education, and Sports written in ExamView test generation, so you can easily set assignments and exams
- Links to a wealth of student quizzes to support student self-study
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Video resources crafted by Andy Field himself demystify tricky concepts introduced throughout the book
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- All tables and figures from the textbook
- Course cartridges available for Blackboard and Moodle
Student Study Site
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- Study skills and tips materials on preparing for exams, time management, reading research and presenting data
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
- eQuizzes and a Math diagnostics tool that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
- Video tutorials created by Andy Field explain the key concepts introduced throughout the book and are supported by videos from SAGE’s award winning video products
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning