This book delivers an engaging narrative of all the important events and developments in international relations since 1945 and equips you with the knowledge and skills with which to approach contemporary issues in international politics.
This seventh edition:
- Provides an account of the world as it has evolved up to 1945
- Examines Barack Obama’s engagement with the Greater Middle East
- Explores the events surrounding the Arab Spring
- Includes a new section on population, gender and the environment
- Contains key updates on superpowers, state and non-state actors, and global governance.
Complete with annotated further reading lists, this book guides you through the significant events that have shaped the international system since 1945.
East, West, North, South remains essential, accessible reading for all students of international relations, world politics and international history.
- Examination of Barack Obama’s engagement with the Greater Middle East
- Coverage of the Arab Spring
- A section on population, gender and the environment
- Updates on superpowers, state and non-state actors, and global governance
- Content on contemporary issues including humanitarian intervention, security, and terrorism