Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice
- Neal Cook - University of Ulster, UK
- Andrea Shepherd - University of Ulster, UK
- Jennifer Boore - University of Ulster, UK
The essential guide to anatomy and physiology for nursing students.
The new edition of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice brings together text, video, full-colour illustrations, interactive activities, and more, to provide nursing students with a comprehensive introduction to understanding the healthy functioning of the human body. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and includes new videos, improved online support, revised learning activities, and clear explanations that will help nursing students feel confident when learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
- Students can use their phone or tablet to scan QR codes throughout the book and instantly watch informative animations, mini-tutorials, and other useful videos.
- Introduces all the essential anatomy and physiology information in a carefully structured way, helping students to steadily build their knowledge and successfully apply it to nursing practice.
- All content is based around the person-centred nursing framework and a fictional family is used throughout to demonstrate how the biology applies to real people, helping students to apply the A&P knowledge directly to real-life nursing situations.
- Supported by new and improved online teaching and learning resources, including a teaching guide to the resources, a fully revised testbank, over 250 downloadable figures from the book, and a host of student resources such as multiple-choice questions and over 800 glossary flashcards to help aid revision.
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice is essential reading for all nursing students and nursing associate students learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
Watch this video guide to using the online resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLcJxdoVio
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- A Teaching Guide to the resources
- Video Teaching Support - Video URLs and accompanying questions
- Test bank - a set of questions, for directed learning or assessment purposes.
- Downloadable image bank (over 250 diagrams and figures from the book for use in slides or as printouts.)
- VLE/LMS Download: Upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Video links - URLs of the videos featured in the book
- 170+ Multiple-Choice Questions - designed for revision and exam preparation
- Over 800 glossary flashcards with an audio function to check pronunciation of unfamiliar terms
- Recommended readings and weblinks
- Answers to end of chapter questions
The QR codes in this book are great, very easy to use and give immediate online access to the material that you are studying. I just scan and have the videos playing on my phone and can link it to the page of the book that I am working through with no confusion.
The book is very informative and gives you detailed insight into the topic. The QR codes were easy to scan and the videos came up very quickly after scanning. The QR codes allow you to look further into the topic and because you are using a device and the paper copy of the book, you are able to look at the book and watch the video at the same time.
I like this book is because it sets out each of the chapters into four components, it gives you the key concepts that you're gonna be covering and the learning outcomes. The main reason I love it is because it comes with a matching revision colouring book that allows you to learn in a slightly more relaxing way.
What sets this anatomy and physiology book apart is the patient-centred care framework that is consistently applied throughout. The chapters are organised in a manner that allows readers to progressively enhance their understanding of the subject matter. Additionally, there are supplementary learning resources for students and teaching materials for instructors. As an educator, I highly recommend this book to my student
Excellent resource for student and newly qualified nurses. A&P made accessible with a focus on person centred care. Linking A&P to the 'Bodie family' brings A&P to life and the online resources really support learning. Thankyou.
Again, excellent and links very well to the pathophysiology book. Excellent recommendations for learners to read.
Excellent and invaluable resource for our students. Easy to follow and understand. Well laid out, great support and guidance for revision of content.
A colourful and engaging book, relevant and interesting resource for our learners to develop subject knowledge.
Straight forward text to read and follow- I refer this text to year 1 nursing students of all fields. Feedback from the students- they generally like this book as it is straight forward to understand and follow.
I have found this text works very well in conjunction with Essentials of Nursing Practice and Essentials of Pathophysiology. It provides a sound resource for students who have previously studied A&P and a foundation for those who are new to the subject.