Course tools done right.
Built to support your teaching. Designed to ignite learning.
“With Vantage, I set up my course in under 10 minutes, which is unheard of...And it benefitted students, they did all the right things in all the right places. I love vantage!”
—Karin Machluf, Instructor, Penn State Scranton
“My learners really enjoyed the SAGE vantage experience. Many of them said it forced them to read, which aided in their comprehension…The feedback I received is that they all really enjoyed the interactive nature of the program, as well as the [number] of activities…”
—Daniel Amoruso, Instructor, Boise State University
Watch the video and see how it works
Easy to access across mobile, desktop, and tablet devices, SAGE vantage enables students to engage with the material you choose, learn by applying knowledge, and soar with confidence by performing better in your course.
- Pedagogical Scaffolding
Builds on core concepts, moving students from basic understanding to mastery.
- Confidence Builder
Offers frequent knowledge checks, applied-learning multimedia tools, and chapter tests with focused feedback to assure students know key concepts.
- eReading Experience
Makes it easy for students to study wherever they are—students can take notes, highlight content, look up definitions, and more!
- Time-saving Flexibility
Feeds auto-graded assignments to your gradebook, with real-time insight into student and class performance.
- Quality Content
Written by expert authors and teachers, content is not sacrificed for technical features.
- Honest Value
Affordable access to easy-to-use, quality learning tools students will appreciate.
Show students the relevance of sociology to their lives. Adapted from Ritzer’s Introduction to Sociology, this text provides students with a rock-solid foundation in a shorter and more streamlined format.
Instructor Teaching Site
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS;
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement including:
- Diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom's Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE vantage platform, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Animated videos bring key sociological concepts to life
- New clips illustrate how sociological theories can be applied in today’s society
- Assignable data exercises in each chapter help students build essential data literacy skills using interactive data visualization tools from SAGE Stats. Featuring data from private and public sources, these exercises offer students a dynamic way to analyze real-world data and think critically about the numbers.
- Links to exceptional teaching resources from A.S.A.’s TRAILS (Teaching Resources and Innovation Library for Sociology) chosen specifically for this text
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook