"Ethnography for Marketers does an excellent job of capturing the academic aspects of ethnography but does so from a practical, useful point of view. Author Hy Mariampolski's expertise in the field is clearly communicated through the vast, in-depth coverage of the various aspects of ethnography for purposes of marketing research."
--Cara Lee Okleshen, Peters Winthrop University
"I've been waiting for this book – a practical, how-to guide to conducting ethnographic studies for practitioners and clients, studies that will yield useful consumer insights that can impact marketing practice."
--Ellen Day, The University of Georgia
Ethnography, with its focus on observed everyday behavior, is quickly becoming the method of choice to identify unmet needs, stimulate novel insights, create strategies and develop new ideas. Hy Mariampolski, author of Qualitative Market Research: A Comprehensive Guide (Sage, 2001) again takes readers on a voyage of discovery in Ethnography for Marketers. These two companion works are essential guides for marketers seeking rich insights into their customers' thoughts and behaviors.
- Offers a step-by-step guide to help students and practitioners plan and execute ethnographic marketing research studies of their own
- Sets standards emphasizing best practices in ethnographic market research
- Provides real-world examples and experienced-based advice for novices and experienced market researchers
- Introduces powerful methods for new product/service innovations
- Approaches the topic cross-culturally and internationally demonstrating effective techniques for creating innovations around the world
Ethnography for Marketers is designed as a standard training and reference resource to help corporate managers and marketers design and implement ethnographic studies. It is an excellent textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate students studying ethnography or research methods in a variety of programs including business, sociology, anthropology and education.
"Mariampolski, a sociologist by training, is not your traditional market researcher."
--THE WASHINGTON POST
"For any researcher wanting the definitive text on organising and conducting commercial ethnographic research, this is the book for you."
--QUALITATIVE MARKET RESEARCH
Talk to the author! www.qualidataresearch.com