Packed with advice, ideas and staff development activities, this practical book aimed at lecturers, teachers and support staff working with young people and adults in further education will provide you with everything you need to manage difficult behavior and create a positive learning environment.
New to this new edition:
- Behavior management techniques for a college environment
- How to re-engage disaffected learners
- Working with learners from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Supporting additional needs
- Using the right sort of language
- Managing difficult groups, and adult groups
- Examples from prisons and work-based learning situations
- More on reflective practice
- Advice on dealing with mobile phones in lectures
- Supporting students experiencing cyber-bullying
- Dealing with gang culture
- Managing confrontations between students and lecturers
Everything has been tried and tested by the author, whose years of experience in the field make this book a wise investment.