Fully revised and updated to increase student engagement, the Third Edition reflects the latest advancements in the field, including complete DSM–5 criteria, to provide the most comprehensive introduction to abnormal child and adolescent psychopathology. Utilizing a developmental psychopathology approach, the book explores the emergence of disorders over time, describes the risks and protective factors that influence developmental processes and trajectories, and examines child psychopathology in relation to typical development while considering each family’s sociocultural context. Offering current, relevant, and practical scientific information in every chapter, the book helps students develop the understanding they need to make informed decisions about the welfare of their families, schools, communities, and society.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. SAGE edge content is open access and available on demand. Learning and teaching
Instructor Resource Site
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter encourage students to think critically
- Video and multimedia links that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions