Proud sponsor of the 2019 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
“Given the complexity of the issues, the study of social problems requires, indeed demands, specialized focus by experts.”
-A. Javier Treviño
A. Javier Treviño, working with a panel of experts, thoroughly examines all aspects of social problems, providing a contemporary and authoritative introduction to the field. Each chapter is written by a specialist on that particular topic and the unique, contributed format ensures that the research and examples provided are the most current and relevant available. The text is framed around three major themes: intersectionality (the interplay of race, ethnicity, class, and gender), the global scope of many problems, and how researchers take an evidence-based approach to studying problems.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Includes access to multimedia tools and much more!
Save when you bundle the interactive eBook with the new edition.
Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-3089-1
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
· eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
· A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on student progress through the course and materials
· Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
· Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
· Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated exclusively for this text
· Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources
· All tables and figures from the textbook