It’s all about the right support, at the right time, in the right amount
New teaching staff, whether novice or veteran, are a central part of a successful school year. So why is it that they are often greeted at the door of our school community with the autopilot vibe of a ticket taker at the movies? Onboarding Teachers changes the rules of engagement, offering activities and practical strategies that focus leaders and coaches on critical aspects of success for that make-or-break first year.
Built on high-impact instructional and coaching practices and ready for you to roll out in four eight-week cycles, everything you need is here:
- Timely content aligned to needs as they come up throughout the year including the physical environment, engagement, and classroom management
- Checklists and self assessments to gauge readiness
- Sample emails and communication tips for various audiences
- Coaching scenarios to apply and reflect on strategies
- Links to access additional resources on-line
Half of all new teachers leave the profession within five years. We can reduce that attrition by integrating new members in a way that deepens connection and practice. With Onboarding Teachers, the wish for new teachers to find their stride becomes a plan.