Primary Science: Knowledge and Understanding
- Graham Peacock
- John Sharp - University of Lincoln
- Rob Johnsey
- Debbie Wright
- Keira Sewell - Education Consultant
Achieving QTS Series
Science Methods | Science Methods
All the subject knowledge students need to teach primary science.
Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. To help your students master this, this comprehensive text includes subject knowledge from each part of the primary science curriculum and comes with a wide range of resources so students can test their growing knowledge as they progress through the course.
- an online science subject knowledge audit with the ability to share results
- end of chapter self-assessment questions
- Reflective and practical tasks to embed learning
- a science subject knowledge checklist
- useful weblinks for primary science teaching
- Recommended further reading
This is an excellent synthesis of all the subject knowledge required to teach Primary science well. The subject knowledge is accessible and supported by current research. It is the perfect partner to Harlen and Qualter for supporting trainee teachers to become confident and effective science teachers.
An accessible text which would support trainee teachers with a limited scientific background to approach their primary science teaching in a confident and engaging manner