"Encourages creativity in the classroom not just to make the learning fun and interesting, but because real-life skills are what the students will need the most in order to become productive and successful adults."
—John Pieper, Fifth-Grade Teacher
Webster Stanley Elementary School, Oshkosh, WI
"Does for teachers what it suggests that teachers do for their students—give them the foundation and empower them to find and set their own course."
—Patricia Clark, First-Grade Teacher
Gotham Avenue School, Elmont, NY
Cook up a metaphoric classroom feast that will nourish your students for years to come!
In this well-seasoned book, charismatic educator Anita Moultrie Turner shows new teachers, veteran teachers, and staff developers how to blend 11 essential ingredients into effective and productive classrooms where all students can succeed. Easy to read and hard to put down, this Recipe for Great Teaching features:
- Classroom stories, quotations, and tasty servings of educational wit and wisdom
- Strategies for building effective learning environments
- Techniques for successful curriculum planning
- Methods for engaging all students in learning
- Ways of working with colleagues and the community
This inspiring resource offers enticing and delicious ways to spice up your teaching and your students' learning.