This Eighth Edition of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society continues to emphasize intuition and common sense, while demonstrating that social science is a constant interplay between methods of inquiry and important social issues. Recognizing that today’s students live in a world of growing diversity and richness of social differences, authors Chava Frankfort-Nachmias and Anna Leon-Guerrero use research examples that show how statistics is a tool for understanding the ways in which race, class, gender, and other categories of experience shape our social world and influence social behavior. In addition, guides for reading and interpreting the research literature help students acquire statistical literacy, while SPSS demonstrations and a rich variety of exercises help them hone their problem-solving skills.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
- A Microsoft® Word test bank, is available containing multiple choice and short answer questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Solutions to all in-text exercises.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation.
- Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning.
- mobile-friendly eFlashcards and quizzes to strengthen your understanding of key terms and concepts.
- a complete online action plan that includes tips and feedback on your progress and allows you to individualize your learning experience.
- chapter summaries that reinforce the most important material.
- EXCLUSIVE access to full-text SAGE journal articles—carefully chosen to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter.
- Study questions reinforce key concepts in each chapter for self-review.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.
- Datasets and Codebooks are available for you to use while answering the SPSS exercises in the text.
- Appendices from the text are included for your reference.