This second edition of Solution-focused Therapy remains the most accessible yet comprehensive case-based introduction to the history, theory, research and practice of solution-focused therapy (SFT) within mental health care and beyond.
Drawing on contemporary research and the author's own extensive experience, the fully revised and updated new edition includes:
- discussion of recent developments relevant to research and training
- a new chapter on challenges to SFT and the integration of SFT with other therapeutic approaches
- extended discussion on ethical issues
- topical exploration of the application of SFT with patients with personality disorders and dementias
- contemporary research on solution-focused coaching and approaches to organizational change
- new case material
This highly practical guide should be on the desk of every student or trainee studying this strongly supported, growing approach. It is also a useful resource for practitioners wanting to update their core skills and knowledge.