Transforming Nursing Practice is a series tailor made for pre-registration student nurses. Each book in the series is:
· Mapped to the NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters
· Full of active learning features
· Focused on applying theory to practice
‘A fantastic little book for helping nursing students and qualified nurses to understand what a successful portfolio should look like.’
Dr Gabrielle Thorpe, School of Health Sciences, University of East Anglia
This book is a simple, quick and easy to use guide to building a professional portfolio for nursing students. Students are required by the NMC to keep an ongoing record of achievement, to demonstrate their competence at each stage of their programme. The portfolio is an essential part of the assessment of practice to demonstrate nursing competence. This book gives a step-by-step and practical explanation of how to compile a professional portfolio to succeed in these assessments. It can be used throughout nursing programmes and into your nursing career as a tool to help with interviews, appraisals and the NMC revalidation process.
- Excerpts from other students' portfolios show what makes a good portfolio
- Step-by step activities guide you through building your own portfolio
- Linked to the latest NMC Standards and ESCs for pre-registration nursing education
About the Author
Suzanne Reed is an experienced General Manager with many years working at strategic and operational levels in the NHS and Independent Sector. She is currently a freelance writer and a voluntary carer in the community.