To ensure that all students receive quality instruction, Teaching Students with High-Incidence Disabilities prepares preservice teachers to teach students with learning disabilities, emotional behavioral disorders, intellectual disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity, and high functioning autism. Focusing on research-based instructional strategies, Mary Anne Prater gives explicit instructions and strategies for teaching students with special needs, and includes examples throughout in the form of scripted lesson plans. Real-world classrooms are brought into focus through teacher tips, embedded case studies, and technology spotlights to enhance student learning. The book also emphasizes diversity, with a section in each chapter devoted to exploring how instructional strategies can be modified to accommodate diverse exceptional students.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- An online action plan allows students to track their progress through the course and materials and to individualize their learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Video and multimedia links facilitate student use of internet resources and further exploration of topics.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Video and multimedia links appeal to students with different learning styles
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions