The CQ Press Career Guide for American Politics Students
- Peter Ubertaccio - Stonehill College, USA
Turn your degree into a career
The CQ Press Career Guide for American Politics Students helps students navigate their first steps towards a career in American politics. With a focus on setting personal goals and maximizing transferable skills, author Peter Ubertaccio outlines diverse career-path options for political science majors and illuminates pathways to graduate school. Full of practical guidance on how to secure a job, including a collection of employment resources, resume-building tips, and student success stories, this guide provides an action-oriented road map for students to develop their undergraduate experience into a fulfilling career in American politics.
- Critical thinking questions are designed to help students with an interest in politics align their academic and co-curricular pursuits to skills and career readiness competencies that are in demand by employers in the field.
- “Staff Work On and Off The Hill” (Chapter 3) offers students a glimpse into the daily life of an entry level staff worker and provides students with guidance on how to navigate this space.
- “Political Campaigns” (Chapter 4) provides students with an overview of typical campaign work and shows students how to campaign for different candidates, parties, and issues.
- Advice on internships, nonprofit advocacy, and graduate school options help students determine their next steps and provide guidance on how these options might boost long-term career potential.
- A career checklist provides students with valuable insights on resume building, social media strategies, and networking.
Bundle and Save!
Your students only pay $5 for The CQ Press Career Guide for American Politics Students when you bundle it with the print version of your CQ Press textbook. See more information on the “Packages” tab or contact your SAGE | CQ Press sales rep.
Sample Materials & Chapters
CHAPTER 1: Introduction and Getting Started