The Handbook of Group Research and Practice
- Susan A. Wheelan - GDQ Associates, Inc.
Check out sample chapters by clicking on "additional materials" on the left.
The Handbook of Group Research and Practice emphasizes the connections among basic research and theory, applied research, and group practice to demonstrate how theory and research translate into methods for working with groups. It is an excellent resource for students, academics, and practitioners in the fields of psychotherapy, psychology, sociology, management, communications, social work, education, and science and technology
- Offers a multidisciplinary and international perspective from international contributors
- Provides a historical overview of the development of research and group practice
- Identifies contemporary issues with an emphasis on the research agenda in the field
- Describes seven different theoretical perspectives on how groups function
- Addresses both traditional and new methods of studying group research
- Advances current efforts to increase the understanding of how groups are employed and operate to solve pressing social and individual problems
The Handbook of Group Research and Practice is a unique interdisciplinary resource written by world-renowned researchers and practitioners who work with teams and groups in a variety of settings. As a result, this Handbook provides students, academics, and practitioners with the most comprehensive understanding about the latest findings and issues in group research and practice to date!
Talk to the author! www.gdqassoc.com
"This comprehensive work may appeal to students and faculty in both the social sciences and business, making it a valuable supplementary reading resource for a wide variety of courses."