“Very practical approach to teaching research methods and very student friendly. This text “breathes life” into the research process. —Sherill Morris-Francis, Mississippi Valley State University
The Practice of Research in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Seventh Edition demonstrates the vital role research plays in criminology and criminal justice by integrating in-depth, real-world case studies with a comprehensive discussion of research methods. By pairing research techniques with practical examples from the field, Ronet D. Bachman and Russell K. Schutt equip students to critically evaluate and confidently conduct research.
The Seventh Edition of this best-selling text retains the strengths of previous editions while breaking ground with emergent research methods, enhanced tools for learning in the text and online, and contemporary, fascinating research findings. This edition incorporates new topics like intelligence-led policing, social network analysis (SNA), the evolution of cybercrime, and more. Students engage with the wide realm of research methods available to them, delve deeper into topics relevant to their field of study, and benefit from the wide variety of new exercises to help them practice as they learn.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more.
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- multimedia content featuring original videos that meet the learning needs of today’s media-savvy students and bring concepts to life;
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- exclusive access to full-text, influential SAGE journal articles, which have been carefully selected to tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts; and
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- exercises and meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.