The go-to legal resource for today’s principals!
New technology and world events have upended everything we once took for granted about schools, including the laws and policies that govern them. School safety concerns, curriculum challenges, the ever-changing landscape of social media, and the 2020/2021 COVID-19 crisis have made school leadership an infinitely more complex arena. Familiarity with the law is essential to help principals maintain safe and equitable communities and minimize legal risk. The 4th edition of The Principal's Quick-Reference Guide to School Law provides the go-to help principals need to increase their knowledge of education law in this time of change. Within its pages, leaders can access tools to help them make better decisions when educational law related issues impact their schools. Readers will find
- A completely revamped design for easier reference
- Practical examples to help demystify complex cases
- Updated cases studies from 2014 to today
- Guidance on new topics, such as vaping, sexting, student protests and walkouts
- An "Education Law 101 for Teachers" section to help leaders provide basic legal training for staff and teachers.
Written for aspiring and current school principals, this book will answer all the “what if” questions that inevitably arise at least once in every leader’s tenure.