The SAGE Handbook of Drug & Alcohol Studies
- Torsten Kolind - Aarhus University, Denmark
- Kim Wolff - King's College London, UK
- Betsy Thom - Middlesex University, UK
- Geoffrey Hunt - Institute for Scientific Analysis, USA
- Steven Karch - Royal College of Physicians
- Jason White - University of South Australia, Australia
Drugs & Behavior
The use of substances across the world has been increasing in the last 25 years, coupled with a rising political focus on both illegal and legal drug use. Split into two volumes to give a complete overview, this landmark publication maps out the debate on drugs and alcohol. Volume one investigates social science theory on the subject and volume two addresses biological approaches. Topics covered range from anthropology and neo-colonialism to toxicology and screening.
The chapters are interdisciplinary in scope, and draw on perspectives including from sociology, criminology, healthcare, social care, neurology, psychology, pharmacology and economics.
It is valuable reading for students, researchers, academics and professionals working in this area.