This Handbook will give aspiring and practising SENCOs, teachers, Headteachers and Governors an in-depth knowledge and understanding of effective policy, provision and practice to meet the diverse needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities. Each chapter will provide:
- A theoretical underpinning
- Evidence-based information and examples
- Activities for professional learning and whole school development
- Easy to use and adaptable templates and checklists for use in settings
- Case studies to strengthen connections between theory and practice
Providing comprehensive coverage of current issues, the understanding of how to improve provision and practice in their settings and written with consultation from practising SENCOs, this is essential reading for those studying towards their National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination.