This thoroughly updated resource is the only comprehensive anthology addressing frameworks for treatment, therapeutic modalities, and specialized clinical issues, themes, and dilemmas encountered in clinical social work practice. Editor Jerrold R. Brandell and other leading figures in the field present carefully devised methods, models, and techniques for responding to the needs of an increasingly diverse clientele.
- Coverage of the most commonly used theoretical frameworks and systems in social work practice
- Entirely new chapters devoted to clinical responses to terrorism and natural disasters, clinical case management, neurobiological theory, cross-cultural clinical practice, and research on clinical practice
- Completely revised chapters on psychopharmacology, dynamic approaches to brief and time-limited clinical social work, and clinical practice with gay men
- Content on the evidentiary base for clinical practice
- New, detailed clinical illustrations in many chapters offering valuable information about therapeutic process dimensions and the use of specialized methods and clinical techniques
Accompanied by Robust Ancillaries at http://www.sagepub.com/brandell2e/
The password-protected Instructor Teaching Site of the companion site includes a test bank, recommended readings, and relevant Internet websites. The open-access Student Study Site offers chapter summaries, keywords, recommended Web sites, and recommended readings.
The extensive breadth of coverage makes this book an essential source of information for students in advanced practice courses and practicing social workers alike.