Winner of the 2020 Textbook Excellence Award from the Textbook & Academic Authors Association (TAA)
Chronologically organized, Child Development From Infancy to Adolescence, Second Edition presents topics within the field of child development through unique and highly engaging Active Learning opportunities. The Active Learning features integrated within the print text and digital program foster a dynamic and personal learning process for students. Within each chapter, authors Laura E. Levine and Joyce Munsch introduce students to a wide range of real-world applications of psychological research to child development. The in-text pedagogical features and the accompanying digital components help students discover the excitement of studying child development and equip them with skills they can use long after completing the course.
INSTRUCTORS: Child Development From Infancy to Adolescence, Second Edition is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Premium Video
These rich video resources in the Interactive eBook include Active Learning Videos, Test Your Knowledge Videos, and Development in Action Videos that help students understand key concepts. View a sample >>
- Interactive eBook
Your students save when you bundle the print text with the Interactive eBook (Bundle ISBN 978-1-5443-6560-2), which includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more. Learn more >>
- SAGE coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more >>
- SAGE edge
FREE! This companion website offers students a robust online environment with an impressive array of learning tools. Learn more >>
Also of Interest: Case Studies in Lifespan Development by Stephanie M. Wright presents a series of 12 case studies shaped by the contributions of real students to build immersive examples that readers can relate to and enjoy. Bundle Case Studies in Lifespan Development with Child Development From Infancy To Adolescence for only $5 more!
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don't use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE cousepacks for instructors offers quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS.
- An intuitive, simple format makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking.
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives.
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation.
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided.
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) is curated and produced exclusively for this text.
- Active Learning Videos accompanying select Active Learning activities feature interviews and activities to help students prepare for their own interactions with children and adolescents.
- Test Your Knowledge Videos with select chapter true/false Test Your Knowledge questions feature students on their campuses and include author commentary.
- Development in Action Videos with professionals in the field of child development feature discussions of various topics from the book, as well as videos taped at early childhood education settings showing children in a number of activities.
- A comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for video resources lists the chapter to which the video content is tied for helpful descriptions of the video content.
- Media resources bring concepts to life.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content.
- Exclusive SAGE journal content tie influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course give you options to customize your course to your exact needs.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- All tables and figures from the textbook are provided in one place.
SAGE edge for students makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime.
- Flashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Quizzes allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention.
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning.
- Multimedia resources facilitate further exploration of topics.