Cyberspace, Cybersecurity, and Cybercrime
- Janine Kremling - California State University, San Bernardino, USA
- Amanda M. Sharp Parker - Campbell University
Presented from a criminal justice perspective, Cyberspace, Cybersecurity, and Cybercrime introduces students to the interdisciplinary field of cybercrime by exploring the theoretical, practical, and legal framework it operates under, along with strategies to combat it. Authors Janine Kremling and Amanda M. Sharp Parker provide a straightforward overview of cybercrime, cyberthreats, and the vulnerabilities individuals, businesses, and governments face everyday in a digital environment. Highlighting the latest empirical research findings and challenges that cybercrime and cybersecurity pose for those working in the field of criminal justice, this book exposes critical issues related to privacy, terrorism, hacktivism, the dark web, and much more. Focusing on the past, present, and future impact of cybercrime and cybersecurity, it details how criminal justice professionals can be prepared to confront the changing nature of cybercrime.
Instructors! Sign in at study.sagepub.com/kremling for PowerPoint slides, test banks, and more!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
Covers a breadth of topics to give students a foundation to other specific studies and courses later in our program.
This book as several typographical errors in both the print and the online materials, but is still a good resource. I look forward to the next edition where these might be resolved.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 10: Cybersecurity Policies and Legal Issues