Developing Academic Skills for Nursing Associates
- Cariona Flaherty - Middlesex University, UK
- Marion Taylor - Middlesex University, UK
- Fully mapped to the new NMC standards of proficiency for nursing associates (2018)
- Case studies, activities and other learning features help you master the skills, whatever your level.
- Focused specifically on the skills you will need in your studies and practice, both now and in the future.
ABOUT THE SERIES: The Understanding Nursing Associate Practice series (UNAP) is a new collection of books uniquely designed to support trainee Nursing Associates throughout their training and into a professional career.
I am thrilled to see this text written specifically for Nursing Associates. Academic skills are cited by the Nursing Associate student as one of the most daunting aspects of accessing Higher Education. This new book breaks these skills down into manageable chunks, in an easy-to-read manner, whilst relating to the NMC Standards of Proficiency. This is an invaluable read for any Nursing Associate student embarking on their educational journey.
A great read and ‘dip-in’ book that will robustly support student/trainee nursing associates throughout their academic journey whilst working and studying full-time. It will most definitely be on our essential reading list.
recommended to certain students but not adopted to the programme as a whole.
A good first book for academic writing skills
Good supporting source for apprentices. Liked the NMC mapping; including mapping of apprenticeship standards as well would have supported integration of these into the curriculum (Ofsted requirement).