Deepen teachers' understanding of how differentiated reading strategies can boost students' literacy and content mastery!
Based on the second edition of the best-selling Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas by Carolyn Chapman and Rita King, this comprehensive multimedia kit demonstrates the most effective ways of using differentiated reading instruction to increase students' comprehension and vocabulary skills in any content area. Facilitators will be able to present the basics of differentiation in the classroom and lead discussions about:
- Establishing an inviting and print-rich environment
- Motivating students toward their full reading potential
- Using informal assessments to identify students' skills and diverse needs
- Understanding affective realms of learning—rapport, empathy, challenge, excitement, humor, respect, choice, and more
Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas, Second Edition: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development includes:
- The second edition of the companion book Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas, which shows teachers how to develop students' skills as confident and fluent readers across subject areas
- A 72-minute, content-rich DVD that features Carolyn Chapman and Rita King, shows actual classroom examples across grade levels and content areas, and provides an easy stop-and-search navigation menu
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide that connects the book to the DVD and provides discussion questions, workshop activities, handouts, and agendas
- A companion CD-ROM that contains a digital copy of the entire facilitator guide
This complete multimedia kit is an essential resource for anyone designing or conducting professional development for pairs, small workshops, or large seminars.