Using case studies and examples that show the reader how to put theory into practice in multi-disciplinary settings, Education and Care for Adolescents and Adults with Autism clearly explains how changes in policy and provision have affected how young people and adults with autism are cared for and educated. The author highlights current problematic outcomes from a multi-agency perspective and offers:
- Up-to-date and accessible information on the nature and affects of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- A detailed chronology of legislation across disciplines
- Recommendations on family issues surrounding the care and education of those with ASD
- Possible intervention programs
- Appropriate strategies for use in care settings, education settings, and at home
Based on years of experience, this resource offers a range of strategies for all those working with or caring for adolescents and adults with ASD.