How to Be a Happy Academic
A Guide to Being Effective in Research, Writing and Teaching
- Alexander Clark - University of Alberta, Canada
- Bailey Sousa - University of Alberta, Canada
Want to be an effective, successful and happy academic? This book helps you hone your skills, showcase your strengths, and manage all the professional aspects of academic life. With their focus on life-long learning and positive reflection, Alex and Bailey encourage you to focus on your own behaviours and personal challenges and help you to find real world solutions to your problems or concerns.
Weaving inspirational stories, the best of research and theory, along with pragmatic advice from successful academics, this book provides step-by-step guidance and simple tools to help you better meet the demands of modern academia, including:
- Optimising your effectiveness, priorities & strategy
- Workflow & managing workload
- Interpersonal relationships, and how to influence
- Developing your writing, presenting and teaching skills
- Getting your work/life balance right.
Clear, practical and refreshingly positive this book inspires you to build the career you want in academia.
Visit Alex and Bailey's website The Effective Successful Happy Academic for information about their workshops and publications.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3: Success and its indicators