Award-winning author Tara L. Kuther presents Lifespan Development in Context, a topically organized version of her bestselling Lifespan Development text that provides a panoramic view of the many influences that shape human development. Kuther’s student-friendly narrative illustrates how the places, sociocultural environments, and ways in which we are raised influence who we become and how we grow and change throughout our lives. Three core themes resonate throughout each chapter: the centrality of context, the importance of research, and the value of applied developmental science. Foundational theories and classic studies are combined with contemporary research and culturally diverse perspectives for a modern introduction to the field that is both comprehensive and concise. Visual overviews, case studies, and critical thinking questions encourage self-reflection and class discussion, ensuring students have the tools they need to apply course concepts to their lives and future careers.
INSTRUCTORS: Lifespan Development in Context is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Vantage Digital Option
SAGE Vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Contact your rep to learn more.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE Vantage! These rich video resources include Dr. Kuther’s Chalk Talks and Lives in Context Video Cases that help students understand key concepts. View a sample of Dr. Kuther’s Chalk Talks.
- SAGE Coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
Also of Interest: Case Studies in Lifespan Development by Stephanie M. Wright presents a series of 12 case studies shaped by the contributions of real students to build immersive examples that readers can relate to and enjoy. Bundle Case Studies in Lifespan Development with Lifespan Development in Context for only $5 more!
SAGE Edge for students enhances learning and is easy to use.
· eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time
· eQuizzes allow students to assess how much they’ve learned
· Chapter summaries with learning objectives reinforce the most important material
· Multimedia resources bring concepts to life and are tied to learning objectives
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal articles tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
INSTRUCTORS: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales rep today.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS*). Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through Coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives, curated, and produced exclusively for this text
- Dr. Kuther’s Chalk Talks are whiteboard-style animations narrated by the author that provide a foundational overview so students can learn basic concepts outside the classroom, allowing class time to be spent on active learning
- Lives in Context Video Cases with follow-up assessments spotlight individuals in every stage of the lifespan, allowing students to see theories of development through a culturally rich, real-world lens
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options automatically feed to your gradebook
- A comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource lists the chapter to which the video content is tied, matches learning objective(s), and includes helpful descriptions of the video content and assessment questions
- Additional multimedia resources bring concepts to life and are tied to learning objectives
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal articles, built into course materials and assessment tools, tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook are conveniently found in one place