The Sixth Edition continues to give students a comprehensive overview of what is needed to carry-out successful and effective research, with practical hands-on guidance on how to conduct a dissertation project or research thesis, in business and management.
New to This Edition:
- Coverage of online data collection,
netnography, big data and data visualization.
- Research philosophy in chapter 3 is further supported and enhanced by an author video overview available online and a pull out at the back of the book that gives a useful visual representation of each key component of the research process using a tree as a metaphor.
- Annotated further reading recommendations.
An important new feature is the “Research in Action” textboxes, which consist of engaging accounts of real-world research experiences from academics, practitioners
The book is complemented by
Suitable reading for any student carrying out a research project, dissertation or thesis in business and management.
- PowerPoints slides featuring figures, tables and key topics from the book
- Instructor's manual guide
- Video presentation on 'Developing a Convincing Argument' by Professor Richard Thorpe
- Video explanations of research philosophy concepts and "developing a convincing argument" by one of the authors, Professor Richard Thorpe
- Weblinks to articles, examples of research, and podcasts
- Case studies from SAGE Business Cases
- SAGE journal articles and book chapters
- Encyclopedia entries explaining key terms
- Templates and datasets for use in practice
- Multiple choice quizzes on key chapter concepts
- Answers to exercises in the book
- Glossary flashcards