SAGE launches new open access journal, Asian/Pacific Island Nursing Journal
Los Angeles, CA - Leading independent and academic publisher SAGE, today announces the launch of a new open access journal, Asian/Pacific Island Nursing Journal (APN).
The only scholarly publication dedicated exclusively to Asian, Asian American, and Pacific Islander healthcare, APN provides an international forum for the exchange of knowledge among researchers, educators, and practitioners. The new journal will unify nursing science and behavioral and social science health care providers.
“As Asian and Pacific Islanders are one of the fastest growing population groups, APN addresses the void of a centralized site focused on scholarship in this area,” commented Dr. Jillian Inouye, Editor, APN. “SAGE’s open access publication also fills the need to quickly disseminate research to practice and education and affords timely access to information that can affect health outcomes.”
Published quarterly, APN will include will include peer-reviewed articles on:
- Methods, interventions, instrumentation, and educational techniques that are unique to the Asian and Pacific Islander groups
- Theoretical foundations that increase the understanding of unique responses to changes in health and illness
- Bio-psycho-social-ecological-spiritual impact on practice, education and research
- Policy issues as a result of rigorous research outcomes
“SAGE has a history of supporting the development of research in underrepresented fields of study,” commented Bob Howard, Vice President of Journals at SAGE. “APN will both unify the sciences to improve health for the growing Asian/Pacific Islander population and, as an open access journal, widely distribute its findings.”
APN will publish its first issue in 2015. To learn more, visit http://ow.ly/AybTP.
Dr. Jillian Inouye is a Professor and Associate Dean for Research at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), Schools of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences. Dr. Carolyn Yucha, Dean of the UNLV Schools of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, will serve as Consulting Editor. Both scholars are seasoned editors of top-ranked health research journals and have served as prominent nursing professionals.
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Camille Gamboa, Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs: email@example.com / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7441