The Sixth Edition of Public Policy offers a fully revised, concise review of institutions, policy actors, and major theoretical models as well as a discussion of the nature of policy analysis and its practice. Both the exposition and data have been updated to reflect major policy controversies and developments through the end of 2016, including new priorities of the Donald Trump administration. The text shows students how to employ evaluative criteria in six substantive policy areas, arming them with the analytic tools they need to understand the motivations of policy actors—both within and outside of government—and to influence a complex and evolving, yet comprehensible, policy agenda.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives reinforce the most important material
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Instructor's Manual summarizes key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Lively and stimulating chapter activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Video and Multimedia content includes videos and web links that appeal to students with different learning styles.