Reflective Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School
- Sue Dymoke - University of Leicester, UK
Secondary General Methods
Offering a critically engaged examination of practical and theoretical topics in order to encourage deeper reflection on what underpins good teaching practice, this Second Edition has been carefully updated to provide a contemporary introduction to secondary education.
New to this edition:
- A new chapter on diversity, social justice and global issues in teaching
- A new chapter on pastoral and tutorial roles
- Improved coverage of developing critical thinking skills in the classroom
- Masters-level critical reading tasks in every chapter
- Awareness of recent developments in education policy
An essential text for FdA Learning Support students working in secondary schools. So much of the literature for Learning Support tends to focus on the primary phase. Chapters cover key topics such as ways of learning, assessment and pastoral care all contextualised to the secondary environment, and will be of great help to secondary-based students, in a range of FdA modules.
One of our CORE texts. This edition is effective in updating to reflect changes in the educational landscape.
This book was a very useful aid for my students to reflect on their practice.
This latest edition of the book is very well written and is an essential guide to all beginning teachers.
A really useful text to support the PGCE and M level course, particularly helpful to our School Direct Distance courses. Highly recommendable.