Research Methods for Nurses and Midwives
Theory and Practice
- Merryl Harvey - Birmingham City University, UK
- Lucy Land - Birmingham City University, UK
This book walks you step-by-step through the whole research process so you can get up to speed understanding and doing your own research.
In their friendly, down to earth style, the authors lay the theoretical foundations you need to consume and critique research, before showing how to translate this into action when tackling your own literature review or research project.
This second edition:
- Draws on a wealth of examples from midwifery, four fields of nursing including mental health nursing and child nursing, and a range of health care specialities.
- Covers new and updated NMC professional education standards and maps all relevant policy and law.
- Supports your learning with reflective exercises, online activities and quizzes that enable you to be confident in your understanding and develop your thinking.
Whether you’re encountering research and evidence-based practice for the first time or refreshing your methods knowledge, this is the ideal research companion for nurses and midwives pre-registration, post-registration and beyond.
Harvey and Land empathetically provide novice nurse researchers with a platform from which they build their understanding of what can be a challenging subject. At the same time, they also give those returning to research a well-structured and thought out refresher, easing them back into the intricacies of the research process.
This is a research textbook highly suited to undergraduate student midwives; it covers all the essential research principles in an accessible and engaging way.
This is a clearly written entry-level text for midwifery students learning about research.
It has everything that is needed for my module
Very straightforward textbook for midwifery and nursing students. I recommend this to all my students
The nursing students I teach have a problem with research methods. They find it daunting and it prevents them from moving forward with their research. I use this book to create my lessons and also to set work for the students to do. It is a core text because it is easy to understand and provides lots of examples. I would not be without this book