The Quest for Competitive Advantage
- Svafa Gronfeldt - IMG Deloitte
- Judith Strother - Florida Institute of Technology, USA
- Shares insight from CEO's on how service leaders think, strategize, and apply tools of the trade to achieve their objectives
- Relates chapter content to real world challenges faced by corporations
- Includes a discussion on both quantitative and qualitative methods in a service context
- Conceptualizes the new paradigm of service leadership and the development of a multi-disciplinary approach to the topic
- Provides an Instructor's Manual on CD containing an outline of the text with teaching points, PowerPoint slides for every chapter, a test bank, answers to end-of-chapter questions, and sample syllabi
Meet author Judith Strother! http://www.fit.edu/faculty/profiles/profile.html?value=36
"Service Leadership moves beyond the theoretical and demonstrates how Actavis and other companies achieve and sustain their competitive advantage through service leadership . . . What makes this book so valuable is the variety of formats from which the reader can choose. The key points, summaries, examples from many companies, and words of wisdom from leaders as diverse as Benjamin Distaeli and Beverly Sills empower readers to develop the strategies that will make them leaders in the competitive marketplaces in which they work and serve."
This book is very simple to read and understand main things about how to make service excellent. I gave them practical examples as case studies and practical task as classworks or exam questions. Students have done them with pleasure.