- Joyce Lishman
- Chris Yuill - Robert Gordon University, UK
- Jillian Brannan
- Alastair Gibson
Help your students make the best starts in their careers as a Social Worker. Covering everything they need to know in their first year and beyond, this very practical book will guide them through their degree and into practice.
Packed full of case studies, activities and tools for real-life practice, it will:
- Help students get to grips with and build the essential knowledge and skills base
- Support them to develop a range of tools for practice with different service user groups
- Develop their critical thinking and help them to apply their learning in practice
- Provide them with a springboard for further learning and development.
This book is relevant to meeting the needs and awareness for our learners to social work practice.
This book has been excellent for my students to get an understanding of social work terminology, methods, interventions and theories. Good interactive content through out and easy to read.
An extremely thorough introductory social work text which provides a useful knowledge framework for those studying for professional practice. The reflective questions and exercises within each chapter alongside the additional online resources are helpful for further embedding the content within the chapters.