The Intensive Interaction Handbook
- Dave Hewett - Independent Education Consultant and Author
The Intensive Interaction approach has spread around the world and has been hugely influential in developing and teaching communication techniques with individuals who have severe learning difficulties and autism.
This straightforward, no-nonsense handbook contains:
- 2 new chapters: The Intensive Interaction Outcomes Reporter; and Autism and Intensive & Intensive Interaction and more able people;
- photo stories demonstrating the approach in practice;
- links to external videos presenting the photo stories in greater depth.
More information on the Intensive Interaction community and approach can be found on dedicated social media pages.
- Previous edition was an authored text. This edition is now edited by Dave Hewett, who also writes some of the chapters.
- 2 new chapters:
- Chapter 8: The Intensive Interaction Outcomes Reporter
- Chapter 10: Autism and Intensive Interaction and Intensive Interaction and more able people
- Signposts to Dave Hewett's social media presence throughout book
- Addition of Photo Stories which will be supported by videos on the Editor's Youtube page
- New case studies and photos
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: The Nature of Human Communication