Proud sponsor of the 2019 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
The Matrix of Race: Social Construction, Intersectionality, and Inequality is a textbook that makes race and racial inequality “visible” in new ways to all students in race/ethnic relations courses, regardless of their backgrounds–from minorities who have experienced the impact of race in their own lives to members of dominant groups who might believe that we now live in a “
Free Poster: Making Race and Racial Inequality Visible in New Ways
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier.
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- Peer-reviewed activities from the American Sociological Association’s TRAILS library can be used as in-class activities or out of class assignments for each chapter
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
- eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated exclusively for this text
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning