Understanding and Using Challenging Educational Theories
- Karl Aubrey - Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
- Alison Riley - Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
Introducing 18 key educational thinkers who have offered challenging perspectives on education, this new edition comes with:
· 3 new chapters on Ivan Illich, Loris Malaguzzi and Michael Apple
· A glossary of key words related to each theorist’s work
· A context-setting overview of key themes
· Practical examples that shows how theories can be applied in practice
The perfect companion to Aubrey & Riley, Understanding and Using Educational Theories 2e (9781526436610)
The theorists included in this book are often classed as “challenging “ because sometimes their work is difficult to place into practice. However, this book really helps to see where these theories can support understanding of teaching theory.
This is an excellent accompaniment to their previous book on 'Understanding and Using Educational Theories'. It's perfect to help our UG and PG students understand the various educational theories relevant to their own understanding of how pupils learn.