Suitable for both primary and secondary schools, the strategies in the text align with the aims of the new Primary National Strategy and Key Stage 3 Strategy on behavior and attendance, as well as the SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) program and the Scottish "Curriculum for Excellence."
Using Support Groups to Improve Behaviour explains the aims of the support group approach, and gives practical guidelines that cover:
- Planning for and setting up a support group
- Involving parents in the process
- Evaluating students' progress
- The role of the support group leader
- How this method supports the new initiatives in behavior and attendance throughout the UK
This resource and the accompanying CD-ROM present everything needed to implement the support group approach, along with resources to support staff development and accounts from students, staff, and parents. The book makes an ideal handbook for teachers, staff development coordinators, LEA behavior support teams, teacher educators, and preservice teachers.