Achieving Positive Outcomes for Children in Care
- R J Cameron - University College London, UK
- Colin Maginn - The Pillars of Parenting Ltd
Topic covered include:
- The power of parenting
- The impact of parental rejection on emotional development
- Support for the adaptive emotional development of children and young people
- Practical advice on introducing the 'Authentic Warmth' approach into existing childcare organisations
- Future issues in childcare
This book is essential reading for carers, commissioners, policymakers, support professionals, designated teachers and students of social work.
really useful book projecting a different style of regarding children in care
A very insightful book. I particularly like the sections on theoretical underpinning.
Will be useful for students, also my PhD student.
A very useful text for education students. Provides a sufficiently detailed introduction to social care issues with throught provoking links between education provision and wider needs. This book will enable students expand thinking beyond the realm of the school and (hopefully) enhance practice.